Tis the season for family reunions.
And this year we went to Bear Lake, which is about 3 hrs from our house on the border of ID and UT. A marvelous place really, with the nickname "The Caribbean of the Rockies".
On the way down our little family stopped in at the metropolis of Montpelier, ID at The National Oregon/California Trail Center Museum. (mouthful much)
Who doesn't want a picture with guns?
Back to school!
The lady that was there was super nice and showed the girls how to run these old time gadgets. This one was rather neat.
We got to play on the typewriter as well which is not shown because adult fingers were busy as well.
And we were quick and snapped a photo with the tee pee ( twill not be the last time the word pee is said in this post.) before the tour buses overwhelmed us.
We spent the first and last day playing on the beach at Bear Lake. But sadly the camera was forgotten. The beach is fantastic because you can walk out for quite the long distance which makes for warmer water.
It's a very shallow lake and gorgeous color. If you haven't gone I recommend this one. (Redfish Lake is gorgeous and lovely but oh so cold.)
Bear Lake is perfection.
I'm kind of a sissy pants. I don't enjoy being in water where I can't see the bottom. (Some of us worry about the icky monsters beneath)
Aaaannnd I don't like to be cold, ever, ever, ever.
Lakes don't generally produce warm, temperate water, who knew?
"Come on Tiffy come play in the water, it's nice."
Tiff: No, no I'm fine here thanks.
Tiff: No, no I'm fine here thanks.
As the day progressed my bladder was showing signs of enlargement and while I had been offered a bucket I knew the water looked amazing.
It was hot out, wouldn't it feel good to cool off AND relieve your bladder?
(Is she really talking about pee?)
You're still shocked about the things I put on here? Are you new here?
Hey look who got in?! No I'm not crying I'm just wiping away the makeup that I have now smeared everywhere.
You all wanna know if I peed right? Perverts.
Yeah I couldn't do it.
Dead Man's float. Yeah probably shouldn't try that when the ranger goes by.
I'm on an adventure!
With my bladder still filling to capacity we hopped back on the boat and did some surfing. By we I mean people other than me, their was no surfing for me. Still a sissy pants-one step at a time people.
That is one happy boy. Ahhh success!
We stopped for lunch and after I snarfed my sandwich down I splashed in the water determined to relieve Niagara Falls without having to use the bucket.
Yes, I Tiffany peed in Bear Lake. A pee so long and warm I could have drowned a fish.
A part of me is still at Bear Lake right now.
I'll bet you're all a little jealous that your urine isn't in that lake.
BUT the true miracle on this trip was that every member of the family was in the lake at least once. (Sissy pants runs in the family)
We're branching out! But only because we're at the Caribbean of the Rockies. :)
Families are Forever.
Whether we're mentally sane or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment